What's the Theme for Dance Weekend 2017?
You -- yes you -- could be dancing for FREE at CCD's 41st Annual Atlanta Dance Weekend on November 10-12, 2017 at the Decatur Recreation Center when The Latter Day Lizards and Nova with Will Mentor and Seth Tepfer take the stage.
All you need to do to score that free ticket to the weekend is submit the winning THEME for the 2017 Atlanta Dance Weekend!
Theme submission DEADLINE: Midnight, April 30
METHOD: Send an email to Deanna Palumbo at email@example.com.
To be eligible for consideration, an entry must include:
- Your Contact Information:
- Name, telephone number and/or email.
- A Catchy Dance Weekend Theme:
- Click here to see a complete list of past dance weekend themes.
- Brief Description of the Theme:
- Provide a 1-3 sentence description of what you have in mind for the theme.
- Describe what sort of decorations your theme might use. HINT: Themes that won't cost much for decorations (e.g., materials that might be found in dancers' attics, basements and closets) will have an edge.
- Describe how people might dress up on Saturday evening to celebrate your theme. HINT: Themes that lead to varied, imaginative, danceable costumes will have an edge.
- Describe a skit your theme might prompt. HINT: Themes that lend themselves to a clever skit will have an edge.
Enter as many ideas as you wish!
The Festival Committee will winnow entries down to the top 10. All dancers may vote on the top 10 from May 5 - 12 by email or at the May 5th and May 12th dances.
The winner will be announced during the week of May 15, and at the May 19 dance.
If you sent in an entry in the past, and it didn't win, try again! We don't save entries from year to year.
In the event of duplicate submissions, only the first entry received will be considered.
Come Dance With Us ...
On 1st, 3rd, and 5th Tuesdays we dance at Messiah Lutheran Church.
Please see our Schedule page for time and cost details.
You can find other essential information about our dances on the About CCD page.
Are You a New Dancer?with
- What is Contra Dancing?
- What are the most important things for me to know?
- What does it look like?
- How will I know when I have become an advanced Contra dancer?
Keep in touch and in the loop on our CCD Twitter feed! Check out https://twitter.com/heyyallatl
Do you have questions about our contra dance? Email or call one of our Steering Committee members.
Are you interested in booking a band and caller for your own dance? Email the CCD band and caller scheduler.
Policies: Loved Ones at the Dance
- Children are welcome to dance with us! For the safety of all, children may not be in the dance hall itself unless they are actually participating in the dance. Children in the lobby and hallways must be capable of behaving appropriately and parents are responsible for their children's behavior (and for their misbehavior).
- Experiencing an allergy or phobia attack can really put a damper on a dancer's evening so please leave your animal companions at home. You may want to show them a YouTube clip or the contra dance instruction DVD we have available though (see below) so they know what you are up to when you're gone.
Lights, Camera, Action!
Want to see a dance in action? Check out our Instagram! We post pictures and video of the dances at https://www.instagram.com/heywhatatl/
And here is a sampling of cool contra videos