Butterfly Whirl (May 27-30) is closed to walk-ins.
Check single ticket availability here
May I Have This Dance?
CCD dances every Friday from 8:00pm - 11:00pm (new dancers lesson from 7:30 - 8:00pm) at the Clarkston Community Center.
CCD dances on 1st, 3rd, and 5th Tuesdays from 8:00pm - 10:15pm at the Messiah Lutheran Church.
Please see our Schedule page for details.
You can also find other essential information about our dances on the About CCD page.
Information for New Dancers...
- What is Contra Dancing?
- What are the most important things for me to know?
- What does it look like?
- How will I know when I have become an advanced Contra dancer?
Can We Talk?
Do you have questions about our contra dance? Email or call one of our Steering Committee members.
Are you interested in booking a band and caller for your own dance? Email the CCD band and caller scheduler.
Policies: Loved Ones at the Dance
- Children are welcome to dance with us! For the safety of all, children may not be in the dance hall itself unless they are actually participating in the dance. Children in the lobby and hallways must be capable of behaving appropriately and parents are responsible for their children's behavior (and for their misbehavior).
- Experiencing an allergy or phobia attack can really put a damper on a dancer's evening so please leave your animal companions at home. You may want to show them a YouTube clip (see below) so they know what you are up to when you're gone.
Lights, Camera, Action!
A sampling of cool contra videos
- Atlanta Contra Videos: CCD's YouTube Channel
- Contra Dance Flourishes: A video series for those who want to add new moves to their repertoire